Here’s how you can prevent or even stop late night or midnight snacking
If you have a habit of eating late at night or doing the “midnight snack”, then you are in for a trouble. The effects may not be instantly, but in the long run it will have a bad effect to your body and to your health.
Midnight Snacking or late night snacking is caused by different external factors (and sometimes internal factors as well). For one, your eating habit might not be correct. You eat small during breakfast or you do not eat breakfast at all. Then you eat moderately to many during lunch and in the evening you eat like at king. And because you haven’t taken any snacks you decided to eat before you sleep.
Believe me I have been there and done that. Because in a matter of less than a 1 year, my weight was doubled due to eating plenty at dinner and having midnight snacks. Luckily, and with strong will, I was able to escape that bad habit of eating midnight snacks.
There are tons of bad effects that could happen to your body and midnight snacking is not healthy for you. Here are some reasons why midnight snacking is not advisable and should be avoided.
1. Makes you gain weight
2. Disrupts your metabolic system
3. Potential danger of having a nightmare when you sleep
4. Potential danger of having tooth decay (if you forgot to brush your teeth)
5. Unnecessary and excess fat and sugar are stored into your body
6. and many many more…
Here are some tips on how you can prevent or stop midnight snacking:
1. Drink Water – Drinking water will simply make you feel fuller, thus avoiding the possibility of being tempted to eat at night because of hunger. Water is calorie-free and will not do any damage to your body, in fact it’s necessary for you to drink enough water.
2. Eat Healthy Foods – If you’re really hungry and really need to eat at night, do avoid eating junk foods, sweets or rich in calorie foods. Instead eat something healthy like fruits.
3. Eat small meals in an interval time – Eating small meals every now and then will help you not to get hungry at night. Do this during the day.
4. Don’t eat dinner too early – Eating dinner too early will make you get hungry before you are able to get to bed and sleep. So to avoid this, eat dinner at the right time. Not to early and not to late. Late dinners are also like eating late night snacks. Remember when you sleep, excess fats and sugar will be stored since your not doing any activity other than sleeping.
5. Go to sleep at an earlier time – To avoid having tempted to eat late at night, prevent it by sleeping early. When you sleep early, you can’t eat anymore because your already asleep. Simple as that.
6. Do some exercises or workout at night – Some people don’t want to exercise at night. It makes them active and can’t go to sleep early. But if you time it right, doing workout at night will help you sleep early due to fatigue. Thus avoiding the need to eat at midnight. Also doing some night workouts has appetite-suppressing effect. And you probably don’t want to eat after a good workout but instead go to bed early. Not only that doing some night workouts will help you fight late night snacking, but it will also help you lose weight and become healthier. So it’s really a win-win situation.