Here are 12 great calorie burning activities that you must do!
Do we need Calories in our body? The answer is, obviously, yes! Without calories we won’t have enough energy. Our bodies need a certain amount of calories per day, around 2000 to 2600 depending on age, sex and some other factors. But most of the time we tend to consume more calories than our body needs. In this article, I will share to you 12 great calorie burning activities for you.
These calorie burning activity list will show you the different calorie burning activities in sports, calorie burning activities at home like doing household chores, and just doing some random and fun stuffs.
I will also show to you how many calories burned by activities. Like how many calories burned in walking, or how many calories does running burn and more.
Before we start, let me remind you that this calorie burning activity list is based on a person that weighs 150 pounds.
12 Great Calorie Burning Activities
1. Cycling – Cycling for 15 to 30 minutes a day will burn 199 to 477 calories. It doesn’t matter if it’s stationary or real bike. But real bikes are more fun than stationary.
2. Treadmills or doing stairs – doings or climbing stairs or doing treadmills for 15 minutes will burn you around 102 calories. This exercise is also great for toning your legs.
3. Weight Lifting – 15 to 30 minutes of weight lifting can burn you 50 up to 200 calories. It’s also good for building muscles.
4. Running – This will burn you calories depending on the speed/phasing and for how long. 12 to 15 minutes at 5-7 mph will burn you 110-190 calories.
5. Frisbee – Tossing and playing with Frisbee for 30 minutes may burn 100 calories from you.
6. Roller Skating – Roller skating for 30 minutes burns 230 calories.
7. Yoga and Pilates – this is one of the hottest ways to burn and lose weight. There are practically millions of people around the world doing Yoga for a healthy and strong body. A 50 minute Yoga may burn you 144 calories.
8. Aerobics and Calisthenics – It’s another fun way of burning those nasty calories. A 20 minute workout doing Aerobics/Calisthenics burns around 181 calories.
9. Walking – very basic but did you know that walking for 15 minutes burns 60 calories. But walking faster and longer will burn you 153 calories in 45 minutes.
10. Dancing – dancing is another great activity that burns those calories fast. Ever wonder why dancers have good and nice body? That’s because dancing, not only burns calories, but also helps lose weight. Dancing for 30 minutes may burn you 239 calories.
11. Laughing – Laughing out loud (LOL) or the Belly Laugh can burn 40 calories. Not only does laughing helps you burn calories but it is also good for you and your body. Laughing has many benefits, both physical and emotional.
12. Kissing – a good smooching with your partner or sweetheart burns 18 calories per 15 minutes. It’s not much but you get the perks!
Note: Number of calories burn per activities may not be accurate. If you are really serious in burning calories and losing weight, I recommend you check out the recommended product in the side bar. Those are the best selling weight loss products currently in the market.